Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CRUMBLE is officially OPEN!

Oh jesus. I have a lot to report. Not only did we make it to the $3350 Indiegogo goal, we opened this past weekend without a hitch. I'm still in shock about the whole thing. Serious. Shock. As usual, tech week was a bit nightmare-ish. Despite our headstart, the set was still incomplete at our dress rehearsal and the sound was non-existent. The amazing Danny Cistone worked his last minute magic though and the results are nothing short of phenomenal. The set holds many surprises and the soundscape is so inventively eerie, I can't help but smile at how cool it all is. This first review by Frontiers in LA had a ton of great things to say about this aspect of the show (and a thing or two about yours truly!) Frontiers in LA "Crumble" Review

I meant to release our promo pictures as they became ready but with all the commotion, I'm lucky my head is still on straight. (Side note: Since I've been writing a lot of thanks yous and promotional copy for this thing, I've noticed that my writing style has become pretty grandma-ish. i.e. full of old cliches and catchy say-isms. This needs to stop. Now.) Let me re-phrase that last part in my normal custom - I meant to release the promo pictures earlier but I've been so fucking busy, I haven't had time to eat or poop. Here they are though, in all their wacky glory.

Now Open @ Theatre 68
5419 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Running until May 18th, 2013
Fridays/ Saturdays - 8pm
Sundays - 6pm

Stephen Kline as "The Apartment"

Julianna Bolles-Morrison as "Barbara"
Bill Doherty Jr. as "Father/Justin Timberlake/Harrison Ford"
Shelly Hacco as "Janice"

Heidi Rhodes as "Mother"

Stephen Kline (Apartment), Bill Doherty Jr. (Father), & Heidi Rhodes (Mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment