Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Crumble Update #1

Holy Moses. It's only been a week and I've somehow managed to raise over $1300. I find it just incredible how many people have flocked in to support me in this endeavor; it's shocking, inspirational, heart-warming and a million other adjectives all at once. The best part is that people who I have always thought braver than I have been telling me that I've inspired them to move forward with projects they've been afraid to launch. I inspired them? What the fuck right? Also, on the first day of the campaign, I got ballsy and mentioned the author Sheila Callaghan in a tweet (another frontier in which I have yet to find my rhythm) and she retweeted me. Maybe this is small potatoes and maybe I'm a huge fucking dork but this gesture put me on Cloud 9. This woman just oozes cool. I know because I stalked her a little bit. Don't judge me.

I have to say with all this support behind me, I'm feeling untouchable (too soon perhaps but lay off, I'm on a roll). I have the confidence to reach out like never before, approaching folks who have intimidated me in the past, etc. What a crazy drug this Confidence thing has turned out to be. Everyone should have it. But not too much... I hate those people.

For those of you interested in the specifics, most of the money raised so far  is going to the rights of this show, $1050 of it to be exact. This was one of the hardest expenses to swallow so now that it's been taken care of, I feel... well, the only word coming to mind at the moment is SHINY, like a new penny, a new penny that's worth $1352. The next thing to do is pay for the publicist and somehow fund our upcoming on-location photo shoot, scheduled for Mar. 16th. We're shooting at a West Adams house which, from what I've seen and heard, has a haunted CRUMBLY feel to it. If all goes well, this shoot will bear our new production image. I'm really excited about this. It'll be the first time our individual characters will be introduced to the public. Stay tuned! Also, donate?


No comments:

Post a Comment